PDA

View Full Version : learning to datalog

Murphy
01-04-2007, 02:09 PM
1987 dodge daytona shelby z t2
socketed, stock cal on a new chip
schmart board serial interface module

I have to module soldered to the LM as per chem instructions. when i turn the key to on, the red led flashes continuously. when i connect my laptop to it, and hit the datalog button on chem, it continues to just flash red, and chem does not read anything.

The lady at the electronics store said the cable i got was port one to port one, is this correct?

Thank You

Murphy
01-05-2007, 10:35 PM
i guess i need to add some code to the cal to datalog? is this something easy to add?

Frank
01-05-2007, 10:43 PM
I THINK maybe you need the blueberry code.

Murphy
01-05-2007, 11:13 PM
im thinking i'll try to scale the blueberry for 40's since i got a set in front of me

to convert to 40's i just scale the 10 tables by like 80.76%(i think thats the number)

* FuelBaseline (WOTTBL)
* FuelIdle (MAPIDL)
* FuelPart (MAPTBL)
* FuelBatteryOffset (BATOFF)
* FuelChangeFromRPMSNoThrottle
* FuelMonitorScaling(FUELTR) (if you have a Navigator)
* StartFuelFromEngineTemp(STRTFL)
* StartPrimeFuelShot(PRSHOT)
* Table75FromTPS(unknown... but output is pulsewidth)
* TransientThrottleEnrich(POSSLP)(very small change)

Aries_Turbo
01-06-2007, 02:51 AM
incorrect frank. all he needs is a standard male to female serial cable (like a modem cable) and he can datalog the stock 87 stuff with Chem. one thing to look out for. make sure an OTC scanner isnt hooked up at the same time. red flashes are a good sight though cause it means the ecm is spitting out data.

make sure that you have the correct cable and that you have the settings correct in Chem. Geoff made some changes so that he could log 89 cars now too cause he has that new daytona so you might have to check in there if you are using the newest version.

Brian

Aries_Turbo
01-06-2007, 02:52 AM
btw you only need the code mods if you want to use Jason Richardson's high speed logging setup with either his own program or Rob's Minidash.

Brian

Murphy
01-06-2007, 08:14 AM
I have the newest build of chem, what would I need to change to make it work?

ShelGame
01-06-2007, 08:50 AM
btw you only need the code mods if you want to use Jason Richardson's high speed logging setup with either his own program or Rob's Minidash.

Brian

Just a correction: you don't NEED the code mods for MiniDash, but the datarate is faster that way...

Jason's program only works with the code mods...

Aries_Turbo
01-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Murphy, youll have to ask Geoff for the correct settings as I dont know them off the top of my head but they should be in "Setup Serial" in Chem. youll have to select the correct com port for your pc obviously and im guessing the low and high speeds are the lowest for use with a LM.

Thanks for the clarifiation Rob, i forgot to add that. :)

Brian

Murphy
01-06-2007, 09:30 PM
found out the comp port on ym only working laptop doesnt work........even better this computer doesnt have internet access

guerss i got to find a USB to com port adapter....is taht considered a male or female end that i need?

Aries_Turbo
01-06-2007, 11:31 PM
you need a usb to male serial. if the usb cable is long enough, you could possibly plug the serial com port right on the schmart board if you take out one of the sets of screw/bolt things. prolly removing the screw/bolt things on the schmart board will be easiest.

Brian