PDA

View Full Version : Water In The Interior

WickedShelby88
01-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Today I went to get my turbo Z started to take it to work and the windows were all covered with condensation. The t-top glass was wet as well. I think I saturated a bath towel getting it all off. Has anyone ever had this problem and what did they do to make it stop. The car is nearly rust free, but the interior already has issues and when I replace it I dont want this problem plagueing it as well. Any ideas short of erecting a garage to put it in.

CDNTurboZ
01-04-2007, 12:26 AM
So there is actually water in the car or just a lot of condensation?

The rear quarter glass is also known to leak. Another possibility is your rear hatch seal.

Does that car have rear wiper?, I have seen the grommet that seals off where the rear wiper motor goes leak. Also the windshield washer fluid sprayer on the hatch can leak as well.

WickedShelby88
01-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Its condensation in a bad way on all the interior glass. I think I found the culprit though. Theres a large hole in the spare tire well which is currently not covered.

Tony Hanna
01-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Might be worthwhile to pull up a section of your carpet and make sure the padding underneath isn't soaked. A small hole in the floor or water leak from a window/t-top, etc will soak the stuff and end up rotting your floor out from the inside.

BIGBRUDDA
01-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Check for leaks around the taillight mounting bolts.:nod: Also check the hatch seal, rub a little grease on it then shut it. Look for grease tracks all the way around. Use the same technique for the door seals. :D The drain plug may have been removed for a reason. I've seen many a "Hi-Watt Amp" shorted from mounting in that convient tire well.:banghead: Next time you're under the car inspect the unibody seams, the factory caulking dries out and chunks.The heater box air intake( under the windshield wiper cowl) is the culprit for "soggy toed" passengers):mecry:

Since it's a T-top, check the top-pillar gasket seams for weepage.In winter I clean the "rain gutter"around the roof gasket, and dose all my t-top gaskets with silicone grease,then seal it up for the season.:thumb:

Tony Hanna
01-10-2007, 02:34 PM
...Since it's a T-top, check the top-pillar gasket seams for weepage.In winter I clean the "rain gutter"around the roof gasket, and dose all my t-top gaskets with silicone grease,then seal it up for the season.:thumb:

What kind of silicone grease do you use for that and where do you get it? The sunroof in my car leaks a little in a hard rain and makes some wind noise at high speed even though the seal appears to be in good shape. Still, I'm not ready to give up on it and RTV it shut just yet. That grease sounds like it might just be the ticket. I could seal it up in the fall and leave it sealed through spring and then use it during the summer when it doesn't rain much around here anyway.:thumb:
Thanks,
Tony

ironman02.1
01-10-2007, 05:32 PM
:nod: Im havin the same prob with my 88 shelby z and ive almost narrowed it down to my t tops.

WickedShelby88
01-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Yeah I got an 88 also that I have to fix the seals on as well. I'm trying to move soon so hopefully I can find a place with a garage so I can at least store the 86 till I narrow down that pesky condensation issue. May be thinking of moving to Arizona at this rate.