PDA

View Full Version : How have you made the exterior of your '87-'91 Daytona unique?

DC Turismo
01-02-2007, 03:09 AM
I'm trying to think of subtle ideas that I could use to make my '90 Daytona stand out. The first idea I have that I am definitely doing is changing the color of the decals, rather than silver and black, they will be gold and black, which I think will look great on a red car.

Besides that, I am just trying to think of some other unique things I could do to it. One that I think would look really cool is finding a decal for the hood that would be the dashed pattern that many Camaro's, Firebirds? had, that started out small at the front of the hood and then worked its way larger in a dashed pattern. Does anyone have pictures of this, or an exact year that this decal pattern came on these cars?

The last idea I have is swapping the colors on the 3 piece spoiler. Rather than black being on top, I am thinking about painting that red instead, and the same for the lower section of the spoiler.

Finally, I am still up in the air as to swap out the '90 style taillights for '92s or to keep them.

Any comments on my ideas would be fantastic. Thank you!

DC Turismo
01-02-2007, 03:14 AM
Here's what I mean. Picture something like this (imagine the black being placed on the turbo bulge of my Daytona).

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/chevrolet-camaro/images/chevrolet-camaro-1985a.jpg

Whorse
01-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Hahaha I was thinking IROC camaro the whole time I read that and then you posted a picture of it.

If you want to make it subtle but unique, take a look at that yellowbird for some ideas.

Change the grille, so something interesting with the headlights, and find a decent chin spoiler that hold the fog lights. Side skirts are subtle and look sharp as well.

Reaper1
01-13-2007, 05:33 AM
I swapped the tail lights on my '90 a long time ago for the '92's. It works well, but the bumper cover doesn't quite match 100%. You can swap to a newer cover, but it won't match the body lines correctly. In all it doesn't look bad, but it's SO subt;e that nobody notices until I tell them!