PDA

View Full Version : Project Progress Pic's....

turbojerk
01-01-2007, 09:00 PM
I've had a bunch of vacation to use up here in the last few weeks and I thought I'd share some of my progress. I've gotten a good start on my roll cage in my "project" GLH and I believe that I'm past the half way point now even though a lot remains to be done. It's a custom cage that was designed, built, and welded by me and I think that it's coming along just as I had envisioned it. I used 1.75Ø, .096" wall D.O.M tubing for this installation. I had a local machine shop do all of the mandrel bends for me.

View my progress HERE! (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/turbojerk/album?.dir=/3b46re2)

Thanks for looking
T

1985ShlbyChrger
01-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Lookin good Troy. Looks like it's just welding from here on out. Did you get everything cut and fitted or do you have more bars to do? I want to put a bar in the convertible but I don't know anyone that can bend the tubing around here.

BTW did you see if the FSM has anything about adjusting the convertible tops?

phaxtris
01-01-2007, 10:37 PM
nice work, i hope your just doing that for autocross/road race, ihra/nhra requires min .118 wall tubing

turbojerk
01-02-2007, 02:22 AM
nice work, i hope your just doing that for autocross/road race, ihra/nhra requires min .118 wall tubing

Yeah, mostly auto-x and others along that line of racing, plus I don't plan on going into the 9sec range to worry much about NHRA rules....

Mario
01-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Nice cage. I like the wheels too.

turbojerk
04-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Updated pic's again,...nothing special, just some different images.

T

"Top Fuel" Bender
04-17-2007, 09:08 PM
I like the pentastar
Nice touch

Good thing yo udidn't come out to Maple Grove
I almost bought a rolled dragster
If you were there I probally would've bought it and dragged right to your house for finishing :evil:

turbojerk
04-17-2007, 10:39 PM
I like the pentastar
Nice touch

Good thing yo udidn't come out to Maple Grove
I almost bought a rolled dragster
If you were there I probally would've bought it and dragged right to your house for finishing :evil:

I wish that I could have gone....I need some stuff, and if that "stuff" just happens to be a dragster, so be it!....:amen:

T

Keito
04-18-2007, 07:22 AM
Seats are sexy!:thumb: