PDA

View Full Version : DVD review: OVC Turbopalooza 2005

R/T
01-16-2006, 01:12 AM
Dave Abney is a genius, that's all.

He produced a DVD of the OVC fall meet and I rate it at: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Professional quality, with an interactive menu to choose from, waaay cool graphics and cover art, rockin' sound track, and bonus extras.

Oh yea, lots of TD racin' action!!

And - it's funny too, because in many of the races, the TD's are lined up with the same sad, pitiful, balck / lowered / tinted window / fart can / automatic trans Honduh Sh*tvic that struggles to top 70 MPH in the quarter....

With expected results...... :lol:

Thanks Dave, AWESOME!!! :cool:

stampederunner
01-16-2006, 04:43 AM
I need to get my hands on one of these dvd's!

mw6886
01-16-2006, 10:01 AM
Couldn't agree with you more! The DVD is AWESOME! Way more than I expected - but, all of Daves work is that way. He leaves no little detail untouched.

Thanks Dave!

<M>

Clay
01-16-2006, 10:24 AM
And - it's funny too, because in many of the races, the TD's are lined up with the same sad, pitiful, balck / lowered / tinted window / fart can / automatic trans Honduh Sh*tvic that struggles to top 70 MPH in the quarter....

hey watch it! That almost sounds like my overboostin like crazy GLHT!! ;)

R/T
01-16-2006, 02:02 PM
hey watch it! That almost sounds like my overboostin like crazy GLHT!! ;)

Plenty of you on there too..... :nod:

stealthydave
01-16-2006, 03:12 PM
Couldn't agree with you more! The DVD is AWESOME! Way more than I expected - but, all of Daves work is that way. He leaves no little detail untouched.

Thanks Dave!

<M>

so...are you trying to say that a Macintosh is actually good for something?
;)

Seriously guys, thanks for the positive feedback. I'm just glad that I can contribute something back to the cause.

ray944s
01-16-2006, 03:18 PM
You "Da Man" Dave!!!!!

mw6886
01-16-2006, 03:21 PM
;)

Hahah.. Well, you know, you Mac guys...
But, I have to admit, I haven't seen anything on the PC that would let me accomplish what you did on that DVD without 25 hours time.
:eyebrows:

Clay
01-16-2006, 03:22 PM
;)

Seriously guys, thanks for the positive feedback. I'm just glad that I can contribute something back to the cause.

Yup, video editing, thats about it! ;)

Hey how can I get a copy of this vid anyway?

clay

BTB
01-25-2006, 07:15 PM
I got my Turbopalooza 05 DVD in the mail today. Ive watched it twice. Dave did a killer job on that dvd. Its well worth the money. I even seen a few glemps of my Blue Grand Prix GTP in the DVD. Thanks Dave.:thumb:

Clay
01-25-2006, 09:05 PM
hey brian - how did you "order" a copy?

Directconnection
01-25-2006, 09:21 PM
Ditto

BTB
01-25-2006, 09:53 PM
hey brian - how did you "order" a copy?

You can e-mail or PM Dave (stealthydave). He will hook you up.:thumb:

stealthydave
01-26-2006, 07:55 PM
Hey guys, anybody that whats a copy of the DVD, all I'm asking for is $5, that is just to cover shipping, the cost of the disk and the jewel case. (I'm not trying to make a profit with this)
:)

I'm just glad that everyone is enjoying it. I know I had a good time putting it together.

Just email me or PM me and I will set you up

Turbo Joe
02-13-2006, 09:43 PM
my copy showed up today! best money i've spent in a long time!!
awesome job dave!! thanks big time!!

Tony Fields
02-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Great Job Dave :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Love the music.....(I'm into bluegrass)

Worth twice the money :nod:

Can't wait for 2006

Tony Fields

daytonachad
03-01-2006, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE=Tony Fields]Great Job Dave :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Worth twice the money :nod: [QUOTE]

I agree, but the GF threw out the envelope with Daves address, :censored: can anyone PM it to me so I can pay him???? (Yes I tried, but didnt get a response):(
Thanks
Chad

Keito
03-01-2006, 08:57 PM
[I agree, but the GF threw out the envelope with Daves address, :censored: can anyone PM it to me so I can pay him???? (Yes I tried, but didnt get a response):(
Thanks
Chad[/QUOTE]

Chad,
PM'd you his address.
Sent him my money yesterday.

Keith

stealthydave
03-04-2006, 01:44 PM
Hey guys, I'm sorry but I haven't been in touch for a couple weeks. Been kinda busy. Anyway, I have two more DVDs I will be mailing out Monday.

I hope that everyone that wanted one has gotten in touch with me. If you wanted one and I haven't replied or if you haven't recieved it yet, let me know. The response for disks was more than I expected and I hope I didn't let a request fall through the cracks.
Thanks!!
D

stealthydave
03-07-2006, 02:49 PM
[I agree, but the GF threw out the envelope with Daves address, :censored: can anyone PM it to me so I can pay him???? (Yes I tried, but didnt get a response):(
Thanks
Chad

Chad,
PM'd you his address.
Sent him my money yesterday.

Keith[/QUOTE]

Keith,
I put your DVD in the mail yesterday. You should get it soon.

Is there anyone else that is waiting for a disk? I don't want to miss anyone.

Clay
03-07-2006, 02:59 PM
man, I almost forgot about this. Dave, I want one.

Ill drop you a PM so I can get your info.

clay

Reeves
12-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Dave,
I want one as well! I just found this thread.

R/T
12-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Dave,
I want one as well! I just found this thread.

Might be quicker to find him on FB......

20w/ashelby
12-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Has anyone seen my neon in this video? I'm pretty sure I was there with it. It might have been spring fling. I shouldn't be hard to miss. Stock gray 05 neon. Might have had black pizzas on it. There would be at least one run with no hood(I was desperate for 15's). There may also be a pile of parts removed in order to obtain said 15.xx timeslip. No one I know believes I gutted my new car to break it into the 15's. I think I had about 2000 miles at the time.