PDA

View Full Version : Turbo 4.0L Jeep Grand Cherokee

87dodgeshelby-z
01-01-2007, 04:00 PM
I have a spare TII turbo and innercooler and was thinking about putting on my Jeep. I was just wondering if anyone else has done this? Shouldn't be to hard. Plenty of space. I have no real reason for this, just because LOL! I live in Florida, so I don't have to worry about spooling up in the snow and spinning off the road. Don't plan on lowering the Jeep. In fact I plan on lifting it 4 inches. I have never seen a turbo Jeep and thought it might ake for a cool project. Plus maybe it will boost my HP a little.

WVRampage
01-01-2007, 04:09 PM
There is a turbo wrangler on here some were im sure that will help you out.

turbovanmanČ
01-01-2007, 05:06 PM
A member has a 2.5 turbo Jeep but he hasn't been on here for quite a while. Can't remember his user name right now.

Maybe "trbojeep"?????????

Found it, "trrbojeep"

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/member.php?u=27

Birddog
01-01-2007, 05:42 PM
They sell some strange turbo kits for those things. I saw one last year that had to have a quarter mile of IC piping under the hood....

I think it's a good mill to do it with, 505 performance has a nice kit for them too.

Ground Rat
01-01-2007, 10:19 PM
I have a spare TII turbo and innercooler and was thinking about putting on my Jeep.
That's a pretty small turbo for a 4.0L. I think two TII turbos would work a lot better.

DeckSetter
01-01-2007, 10:41 PM
That's a pretty small turbo for a 4.0L. I think two TII turbos would work a lot better.

........except the Jeep 4.0 is an inline and you have a single exhaust outlet to work with. You'd have to try to find a dual outlet exhaust manifold at very least. Plus you'd have a plumbing nightmare on your hands with two of them on the same side of the motor. It'd get pretty cramped pretty quick.

They're right though, the garrett would be pretty small for a 4.0l. It might be able to spool a Holset HY35W (or HX if you like) without too much trouble and keep your intake temps down.

Mom'sTurboVan
01-04-2007, 06:38 PM
i wanna see pics of this.

Vigo
01-29-2007, 10:45 PM
well, for one thing everything but the stock 4.0 exhaust manifold DOES have two outlets.. many 4.0s are no longer on the stock one because of the cracks they develop.

another thing.. a better idea IMO then mounting the turbo on the exhaust manifold itself is piping the exhaust under the motor to the other side where there is a ton of free space and easy access. i've seen many setups like this and imo its superior to mounting it on the manifold itself for practicality reasons.