PDA

View Full Version : Painting My Turbo Z White Again

CDNTurboZ
12-30-2006, 09:12 PM
I have decided to keep my turbo z, but now I have a slight problem, the engine bay, and interior of the car were painted black, now I plan to go back to white.

Am I going to have to sand off all of the black paint before white can be sprayed on?, or can I just take a scuff pad and rough it up lightly?

I am worried about the black showing through the white, etc

If any body work experts have a solution for me that would be great

thanks

banger68
12-31-2006, 03:12 PM
:yuck: white? The black was looking so good. ;)

CDNTurboZ
12-31-2006, 06:40 PM
Yep, white, I have seen too many black and gold turbo z's now, its time to go back to white:D

mech1nxh
12-31-2006, 11:40 PM
BLASPHEMY..!!!! (J/K)...its a C/S...it will good in any color:thumb:

anyway ..if the black is cured, a scuff and another layer of a good
epoxy primer will work..though its gonna be a ton of work...might be
easier to blast off the black and start fresh ...just my .02$

banger68
01-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Yep, white, I have seen too many black and gold turbo z's now, its time to go back to white:D

I still like the black and gold the best.;) If you want to be different, paint it the blue. Haven't seen many blue C/S's.

CDNTurboZ
01-01-2007, 09:57 PM
I still like the black and gold the best.;) If you want to be different, paint it the blue. Haven't seen many blue C/S's.

I did too at one time, I guess after two years of staring at black and gold ones in pics kinda got tiring for me, I think silver or blue wins in C/S rarity, white isn't too far behind though.....:)

don't give me more ideas.....I kinda like the blue too:p

banger68
01-02-2007, 10:32 AM
I am thinking of painting my white one the same blue as my old 95 Dakota. I just don't like the white very much.

CDNTurboZ
01-02-2007, 06:00 PM
I am thinking of painting my white one the same blue as my old 95 Dakota. I just don't like the white very much.

You and my dad, he hates white as well, gun metal blue might be a cool colour to do, but I might want to keep the car the original colour it came in.

btw, do you have any pics of the hood vent drain on your white one?? I need to see what has to be modded in order to use a two piece.

supercrackerbox
01-02-2007, 07:49 PM
I'm pretty sure it will need to be modded to clear a two piece. Mine clears the one piece just fine, but that two piece sits considerably higher.

banger68
01-02-2007, 11:38 PM
btw, do you have any pics of the hood vent drain on your white one?? I need to see what has to be modded in order to use a two piece.

It has the whole bottom removed with just the outside peice remaining. The blue 85 I just got has just the chute removed. Both cars have a 1pc intake though. I can get some pics if you want.

banger68
01-02-2007, 11:43 PM
You and my dad, he hates white as well, gun metal blue might be a cool colour to do, but I might want to keep the car the original colour it came in.

Just pick the colour you want. Being original won't help the value of the car. You project is one that you could pick any colour that you want

CDNTurboZ
01-03-2007, 01:22 AM
It has the whole bottom removed with just the outside peice remaining. The blue 85 I just got has just the chute removed. Both cars have a 1pc intake though. I can get some pics if you want.

Pics would help, thanks

banger68
01-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Pics would help, thanks

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/2298000-2298999/2298857_5_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/2130000-2130999/2130232_15_full.jpg

CDNTurboZ
01-03-2007, 11:03 PM
thanks, it doesn't look that hard, I was afraid I would have to cut the hood itself as well, but I just have to mod that lower part of the hood vent.

banger68
01-04-2007, 09:43 AM
thanks, it doesn't look that hard, I was afraid I would have to cut the hood itself as well, but I just have to mod that lower part of the hood vent.

Nah, no cutting. It just has the rivits drilled out. But if your going 2 pc you'll probably have to do the same as the white car and remove the whole pan or modify it a bit. The top of my motor does get wet, but haven't had any problems as of yet.

supercrackerbox
01-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Could always go with a block off plate a `la GLHS.

That second car used to be Gunmetal Blue, didn't it? :(

CDNTurboZ
01-04-2007, 02:51 PM

yeah I think it was gun metal blue with silver ground f/x. Those seem to be rare too.

I had one of those 85 gunmetal blue/silver turbo z's as well, but I sold it to a guy who parted it out, I don't think it could have been saved as it had no rockers, and rust in the floors. Not to mention the body was all wavy....

banger68
01-04-2007, 05:18 PM

Yes, it was. I'm trying to sell it, but no takers. It has bad rockers too.

capev86
01-05-2007, 12:08 AM
white is a good summer color and it makes a car more upscale and classy. anything is better than red in my opinion. a white (or silver) spirit rt or an electric blue daytona rt are my cup of tea...if only i could afford one!

Garret
01-05-2007, 02:59 AM
when I put the Two piece on my turbo Z I just slammed the hood and forgot about the vent... seemed to clear fine, but I took the cut off wheel and cut off the drain anyways I liked how the heat came out of the vent and you could see it in all weather

WickedShelby88
01-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Ive got a red CS. I kinda like it to tell you the truth. I'm wanting to run a 2 piece myself. Sounds like some mods are in order.