PDA

View Full Version : Custom Cal G-Head 2.5 +20s 3bar

amcpacer
12-30-2006, 07:48 PM
I am almost ready to start making custom cals! A new Willem Enhanced EPROM burner in in the mail and should be here soon along with a ZIF socket. On my desk is a brand new 3bar map and spare 87 computer. I just cant wait to get it all in the Daytona.

Does anybody out there have a cal for a BathTub Head 2.5 that will load in D-Cal or MoparChem? If so could it please be emailed to me? ShelGame said he had a couple of cals but for 89 electronics. My car has 87 electronics.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cordes
12-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Actually ariesK just posted a cal or two for the 2.5. I believe that was with a swirl head, so you would have to change the spark curves a bit. The cal is posted on here and on moparchem.com.

amcpacer
12-31-2006, 04:25 AM
I will download his cal soon. Perhaps it is possible to take the ariesK cal and add the spark curves from ShelGames 89 cal to make a G-Head 87 cal. I still can not register at the moparchem website:( I must be doing something wrong.

cordes
12-31-2006, 12:31 PM
I will download his cal soon. Perhaps it is possible to take the ariesK cal and add the spark curves from ShelGames 89 cal to make a G-Head 87 cal. I still can not register at the moparchem website:( I must be doing something wrong.

Try shooting Geoff an email. I think it is geoff@moparchem.com if you absolutly can't figure it out. If there is a cal out there for a G-head 2.5, then I would definatly start by copying those spark tables into the 87 cal.

Aries_Turbo
12-31-2006, 01:06 PM
i have g head curves for that cal that I can add. im not at home though so it will be a few days. id try the latest revision though unless you have some flow mods.

Brian

amcpacer
01-03-2007, 03:44 AM
Excellent! Geoff set me up with a login. Apparently there was a problem with the server when I tried to sign up.

Now I must get the custom cals together for the G-Head 2.5. I am wondering if the 85 model year G-Head spark curves would be compatible since they were originally for a 2.2. The 2.5 would probably need more spark advance at very high RPMs and less down low. And then there is fuel! It sounds like I should have swapped 89 electronics in the Daytona when I had a chance but it looks like 87 electronics are here to stay.

ShelGame
01-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Here's the 2.5, G-Head, 3-Bar, +40, SMEC cal I built for Simon. Feel free to use it as a starting point. It's setup for race gas, though.

Aries_Turbo
01-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Excellent! Geoff set me up with a login. Apparently there was a problem with the server when I tried to sign up.

Now I must get the custom cals together for the G-Head 2.5. I am wondering if the 85 model year G-Head spark curves would be compatible since they were originally for a 2.2. The 2.5 would probably need more spark advance at very high RPMs and less down low. And then there is fuel! It sounds like I should have swapped 89 electronics in the Daytona when I had a chance but it looks like 87 electronics are here to stay.

yeah the 85 curves are a good start, they just have a few less data points than the later ones i think. you can use them as a starting guide. when I get home tomorrow I'll upload something for you to take a look at. if i forget, PM me. :)

Brian

Aries_Turbo
01-06-2007, 11:46 PM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=112072#post112072

amcpacer... its for +40's but you can scale it to +20's. lemme know if you have any problems.

Brian

amcpacer
01-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Thank you so much Aries_Turbo! That is the greatest help of all time! It may be a couple of weeks before I get to try it because I am waiting on a replacement turbo in the mail currently. My turbo failed but I have a brand new 63A/R exhaust housing from TU ready to go on the replacement.

When I use the cal I will definitely post about it.

Aries_Turbo
01-07-2007, 10:40 PM
no problem, just remember to go slow when tuning. :)

Brian