PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar and Box Truck??

3Bar_Mopar
12-30-2006, 04:15 AM
On my way to Indy this evening, I encountered a nice, older Jag....we played around a bit, then he got on it and I followed suit.....I put several cars on him by 90 from a 60 MPH roll....THEN...a bit later, same interstate, I see a box truck ahead coming down the ramp to merge. The ramp was short, so I figured I'd move over to pass and let him merge....but, something's up because the box truck is already doing 80 MPH plus by the time he hit the interstate! A vehicle's gotta have some cajones to get to 80 MPH before the end of the merging ramp! I'm thinking "WTF??".
I keep up with him because by now he's over 90....he drops speed a bit and I pace him....I give some gas...maybe 5 psi and barely pull away....what the heck does his box truck have in it??? It was an impressive Krispy Cream truck of all things! Sounds like somebody found the wastegate line on the company hauler and pulled it.

cordes
12-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Some of the newer deisels can really move if they aren't governed.

WVRampage
12-30-2006, 01:25 PM
It would depend on the brand of the box truck on what was in it,but theres a good chance it could have been the DT466.

3Bar_Mopar
12-30-2006, 01:56 PM
It looked to be a Ford F350 cab. That thing could have probably taken a few ricers.

Bardo
12-30-2006, 09:02 PM
i know when i was driving semi's that there was a bunch of guys that would g-valve there company truck w/g's with there own piece hose so if there was a problem they could put the factory piece back on and take it in to be looked at