PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone gimme some info about my car?

Mysterio
12-29-2006, 01:08 AM
Can anyone gimme some info about my car?

Last 6 digits of the VIN are 313783.

I don't know if it's an origional shelby charger or not and i'd like to know. From what I was told it was, but you can never be too sure can you?

Someone gave manufacturer information about a person's car from the last 6 digits before so i'm hoping it can be done again, thanks.

cordes
12-29-2006, 01:26 AM
Are you talking shelby GLHS, or shelby charger?

Mysterio
12-29-2006, 03:39 AM
Are you talking shelby GLHS, or shelby charger?

Shelby charger.

3nglenn
12-29-2006, 10:53 AM
Might want to start here http://www.autoinsurancetips.com/dodge_vin.htm
Scroll down to the list pertaining to your year. Hope this helps. G.P.

BadAssPerformance
12-29-2006, 10:56 AM
Got pics?

ShelbyMotorsports
12-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Last 6 digits of the VIN are 313783.

Go to www.carfax.com and put your complete vin # in the box on their homepage. It will decode the vin on the next page where they will then try to sell you a history report which you don't have to purchase. If the vin # belongs to a Shelby Charger it will say so and then all you have to do is exit the website.

Steve

BadAssPerformance
12-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Nice trick Steve :thumb:

WickedShelby88
12-30-2006, 03:53 AM
Gotta watch out too because if you take a salvage car in indiana to another state like florida the salvage wont show up and you will think your car has a clean title when in fact it doesnt. For a turbo mopar not as critical as some but still nice to know. My turbo Z had 20 records! Car must of been around the block a few times.

Mysterio
12-30-2006, 05:32 PM
Year/Make/Model: 1987 DODGE SHELBY CHARGER
Body Style: HATCHBACK 2 DR
Engine Type: 2.2L L4 FI OHV
Manufactured In: UNITED STATES
Search Results: 8 records found in our database

So that means my car is a legit shelby car?

It has no shelby plaques or anything so I wasn't sure. But I guess that confirms it.

Is there a way to figure out the production # my car is??

cordes
12-30-2006, 05:34 PM
The Shelby charger is just a Charger made by dodge with the "shelby" package. Carol Shelby himself had nothing to do with your car personally except for licensing his name to be put on it for the most part.

An 87' Shelby GLHS was actually shipped to Shelby automobiles in whittier california, and modified by his people with the Konis, TII, interior, etc.

Mysterio
12-30-2006, 05:56 PM
The Shelby charger is just a Charger made by dodge with the "shelby" package. Carol Shelby himself had nothing to do with your car personally except for licensing his name to be put on it for the most part.

An 87' Shelby GLHS was actually shipped to Shelby automobiles in whittier california, and modified by his people with the Konis, TII, interior, etc.

So a regular shelby charger won't have any of the shelby plaques inside the car with production numbers on it?

I know carol shelby didn't have anything himself to do with it, but I thought all the shelby model cars has shelby plaques and things inside the car symbolizing that they were in fact shelby model cars.

cordes
12-30-2006, 06:03 PM
So a regular shelby charger won't have any of the shelby plaques inside the car with production numbers on it?

I know carol shelby didn't have anything himself to do with it, but I thought all the shelby model cars has shelby plaques and things inside the car symbolizing that they were in fact shelby model cars.

No plaques or any shelby specific items in that car. Only the cars that were modified by shelby automobiles have the #ed plaques steering wheels etc. such as the 86/87 GLHS, CSX, shelby lancer, etc.

Mysterio
12-30-2006, 07:50 PM
No plaques or any shelby specific items in that car. Only the cars that were modified by shelby automobiles have the #ed plaques steering wheels etc. such as the 86/87 GLHS, CSX, shelby lancer, etc.

Oh alright, thanks for the update :)