PDA

View Full Version : Old PT Cruiser (turbo mini) VS. New PT Looser

1FastCSX289
12-28-2006, 02:26 PM
So I just finished installing new shocks and struts all the way around on my minivan (mods listed below and 14PSI). I left the shop after finishing to go meet up with slasky for a bite to eat. I pulled up to the light next to a PT Cruiser and didnt think much until I happen to glance at the dash and see the factory boost gauge (or at least what I thought was a boost gauge). So, now im thinking.....ITS ON. Two turbocharged minivans at a clean light......theres no passing that up. The only problem is that he doesnt suspect anything out of my van because it looks like an old, beat up minivan. The turbo decals are even removed. So, I gas it a bit off the line and burn a little rubber as a little "invitation". He bites. Not even a half second later, his tires are screaming too. I pulled on him pretty good through first and still pulling into second (even as the tires come loose again). As I shifted into third we were approaching traffic, so I shut it down instead of doing the "ricer cut-off". I had a full car length and then some by the end of second. But, to give him credit, I did jump him off the line by a little. And, I did comfirm that it was a 2.4 turbo after I pulled back behind him to make my turn. I did see the badge on the back.

I wonder what people think? DO they think theres something wrong with their car, or does it cross their mind that someone would be crazy enough to hot rod their minivan? Anyways.....good fun.