PDA

View Full Version : would this programmer work for dcal?

tvanlant
12-28-2006, 02:08 AM
The Willem Enhanced EPROM burners seem to be on backorder everywhere, so would this ebay programmer work? It comes with chips too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300064174528&rd=1,1

and will these sockets work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200062897091&rd=1&rd=1

thanks

tvanlant
12-28-2006, 02:12 AM
this is for a logic module, by the way

cordes
12-28-2006, 01:20 PM
The programmer will definatly work I use 27SF512 cips in my LM, and love them. The are flashable, so no UV eraser needed. I use what would appear to be the same socket as pictured, and if you go to the custom cal how to page on my site, you will see that I had to modify it slightly to get it to work.

tvanlant
12-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Yep, your site is what I am getting all my info from :thumb:
The reason I was looking on ebay for a programmer is because the Willem one you recommended from MCU Mall is on backorder. As long as that programmer will work for me, and those chips are the right ones, I'll go ahead and order it.

Thanks

cordes
12-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Yep, your site is what I am getting all my info from :thumb:
The reason I was looking on ebay for a programmer is because the Willem one you recommended from MCU Mall is on backorder. As long as that programmer will work for me, and those chips are the right ones, I'll go ahead and order it.

Thanks

It should all work fine, glad I could help.

lametec
12-28-2006, 04:59 PM
The Enhanced Willem burner can be had on eBay for around $45 shipped. One downside to it, though, as I found out AFTER ordering mine, is that it isn't well suited for burning EPROMs (the ones with the window on 'em). This has to do with the power supply on it, and the voltages it produces (it gets the power from the USB port).

The Willem Dual Power (that can use an external power supply) unit is much better suited for EPROM burning.

If all you're burning is EEPROMs or Flash memory and the such, then either one will do just peachy.

ShelbyMotorsports
12-28-2006, 07:00 PM
The Willem Enhanced EPROM burners seem to be on backorder everywhere, so would this ebay programmer work? It comes with chips too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300064174528&rd=1,1

You can purchase that burner directly from Moates for $85.00 instead of the ebay price of $100.00

tvanlant
12-29-2006, 04:03 AM
Dang. I already bought it. Guess I should have done a little more shopping.
Thanks anyway. I haven't bought the sockets yet. Any advice on where to get those besides Ebay?

ShelGame
12-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Here's the best sources for chips/sockets for our ECU's:

mouser.com <-- a full electronics supply
digikey.com <-- ditto
moates.net <-- just a tuner's supply

The eBay sockets will work, and you can get Aries ZIF (zero-insertion-force, ie with a lever) sockets from Mouser and Digikey

ShelbyMotorsports
12-29-2006, 05:35 PM
Dang. I already bought it. Guess I should have done a little more shopping.
Thanks anyway. I haven't bought the sockets yet. Any advice on where to get those besides Ebay?

Don't feel too bad as the ebay auction seller is throwing in a couple of chips for free.

Steve