PDA

View Full Version : LTB: Neon R/T Stock Wheels

J&G_BlueGLH
12-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Hey y'all im looking to buy some nice second generation Neon R/T stock rims. I currently have a 2000 Dodge Neon and I am lookin to put on the R/T rims since I already have the R/T spoiler and exhaust.. let me know if you have a set or if you know where I can get a set. There havent been any on ebay... see pic of my Neon... :thumb:

Thanks.
Jen

http://thumb4.webshots.net/t/26/27/6/85/15/352868515NhpDWk_th.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1352868515070945204NhpDWk)

ScottD
12-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Jen,

I have a set of 16" 04 Neon R/T rims on my 05 Neon SXT. I really like how they look but they are pretty hard to find. L&M wheel and tire in Abbottstown PA says they can get a set of them but they wanted $100 / wheel. I got mine off of Neons.org. Try there and www.2gn.org.

Scott

J&G_BlueGLH
12-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Hey Scott,

How are ya buddy? Long time no see.. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely have to check it out! :)

Hope you had a good Christmas!

Jen :thumb:

mcsvt
12-28-2006, 09:57 AM
I think you should put some crabs on :)

ScottD
12-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I've missed you guys at the last couple of events. I'm still around though :-)

I've also got 15" 10 spoke SXT wheels if you're looking for a different look. Admittedly they're not as cool as the R/T wheels though. The earlier R/T wheels are around, the lace ones from the 01s and 02s. Another option I pursued was the BBS 05 SRT-4 ACR wheels, there are people on SRT-forums looking to part with them.

If I want to part with mine I'll definitely let you know.

J&G_BlueGLH
12-28-2006, 07:23 PM
yeah i really think the 2nd generation r/t rims are nice.. they are just hard to find. There are soo many SRT4 rims on ebay and stuff right now, but i dont know if thats what i really want on it right now. I like the chrome stock rims i have on it, but i thought heck i have the r/t exhaust and spoiler, why not get the rims yet and i think they are great lookin. So i dunno yet what i will do, but thanks for all the info and suggestions Scott. Let me know if you come across anything.

So i got a motor and all under hood parts from Greg for Christmas for my GLH, so she will be turbo sooner than planned and be shown at Carlisle! :) I cant wait. Thats what you missed at the Christmas party is Greg telling our club what all I was getting and them teasing me the entire night about it.. ahh well im sure we will see you soon. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Gary- Pumpers on my Neon? ehhh i dunno. hehe you are something else.. so yea i gotta tell you about this Christmas gift soon..

Jen :p

mcsvt
12-28-2006, 07:56 PM
I said crabs, not pumpers :p

ScottD
12-28-2006, 10:02 PM
I got the 03-04 R/T rims because it gives the car a much different look and because there aren't many out them, hey I like to be different. I don't think I have any pictures of my SXT with the rims on there or else I'd post one here.

The SRT rims are a dime a dozen, but with a wheel that big you're stuck going with a V or Z rated tire w/ a 40 series sidewall, which are pretty stiff. I don't know about you but for a daily driver I don't want it too stiff in terms of ride. I put Kumho ASXs on my R/T rims. They are Z rated 195 50 16s. The stock tire size for an 03-04 R/T is 195 50 16 and there are not many tire choices in that size. If you go up to a 205 there are more choices, but I wanted to go with the stock size.

The Christmas party was a little further than I wanted to drive. I am in the process of finishing up a big project on my GLHS (new steering rack, completely rebuilt front suspension, and rust repair in the frame, doh!) so I hope to have that out more this coming year. When we had the meeting at Troy's I'd just gotten it on the road and now it has some miles on it and the bugs worked out of it, so it will be out more.

J&G_BlueGLH
01-03-2007, 11:43 AM
So Sorry Gary. LOL.. my bad! hehehe...

Got your PM Scott this weekend, just didnt get around to thinking about what I want to do and discussing with Greg. How much are you looking to get for the R/T rims?

ScottD
01-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Yikes! I didn't hear from you so I thought you weren't interested. I'm about to trade the car in on a Dakota and as part of the deal I'm including the wheels on the car. They gave me $400 more for the car with the wheels on it, so I'd need to get $400 out of them. Since I didn't hear back from you I figured getting $400 for them might be a tough sell among the Neon crowd, so I opted to leave them on the car. I still have the car though, the deal isn't finalized. If you want them get in touch with me ASAP and I'll see if the dealer is set on them or whether I can put the SXT wheels back on the car. I don't want to post my cell # here, but email me at sdrega@juno.com. Of course I have the SXT wheels which are mint and have 10,000 mile tires on them which I'd let go much cheaper if you want them.

fleckster
01-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Which 2nd Gen R/T wheels are you looking for? THere were an earier set and a later set. These are the earlier ones as seen on my 1st Gen Neon R/T:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/562/medium/MVC-281F.JPG

The later 2nd Gen R/Ts had a 5 spoke 16" wheel. (Sorry, but I didn't have a pic of them anywere.)

J&G_BlueGLH
01-03-2007, 10:30 PM
The second gen Neon R/T Rims is what I was looking for.

Thanks Scott for letting me know. You already talked to Greg, so its no biggie.. ill just keep an eye out and lay low for right now.

contraption22
01-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Jen, which chrome wheels do you have? Are you looking to part with them?

fleckster
01-03-2007, 11:36 PM
She has the chrome "Impulse" wheels if they are the ones in her picture.

fleckster
01-03-2007, 11:42 PM
The second gen Neon R/T Rims is what I was looking for.

I understand that but what I don't think you were getting from me is that there are two different 2nd Gen R/T wheels. There was one used in '01 and '02 and other used on the '03 through '05. They were both 16" wheels. The ones used on the '01 and '02 are the ones that I showed in the picture that I now have on my '98. (Yes, I still have my original 14" 1st Gen R/T wheels in the garage.) The '03 and later R/T wheels were a 5-spoke design but more rounded and looked nothing like the 1st Gen ones.

I was just trying to help determine which of the 16" R/T wheels you were looking for.

ScottD
01-03-2007, 11:55 PM
Here are a couple of hastily taken pics of the 03-04 five spoke Neon R/T wheels on my soon to be traded in :-( 05 SXT. I think they look really sharp on this car. I hate to get rid of the Neon but with all the morons on the road and after getting sideswiped (and nearly hit head on) in my Spirit R/T, I want to be in something bigger for my daily commute.

J&G_BlueGLH
01-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Jen, which chrome wheels do you have? Are you looking to part with them?

These are what are on them now, chrome. I have the original set that were on the car from new that are not chrome. They are all factory. Greg was telling me that they put the Chrome ones on some years and others not.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c20/mopargirl41301/MyNeon-1.jpg

I didnt realize there were 2 styles of the R/T wheels for the 2nd Generation Neons. sorry about that!

fleckster
01-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Those exact wheels were not used in production. Those are actually BBS Wheels. The ones that were actually used that are similar and I think were based on those were the '01 and '02 like the ones that are now on my car. To help, they were also used on "regular" Neon SXTs and such with a "Sport Handling Package". That's were I actually got mine.

J&G_BlueGLH
01-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Sorry Im like totally confused. LOL. I cant seem to find a picture of the wheels I am talking about. but they have black in them if I remember correctly. I keep seeing an R/T raom around our area that has them on.. but I cant find any pictures right now online of what they look like...

contraption22
01-06-2007, 05:40 PM
What you are probably referring to are the wheels that came on 2nd Gen R/T's with the Dodge Motorsports package. They had black centers and a polished lip.

fleckster
01-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Those Motorsport wheels were the same ones that you can see on my car but they were painted (or coated) black. Other than the color and the polished lip, they were the same wheels.