PDA

View Full Version : Oil pressure loss at boost

J&H Ryan
01-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Using the stock guage, whenever I go WOT or close, to the oil pressure takes a dive towards low. My buddies GTS does the same thing. Never noticed it before on any other car. Whats this all about, and if its a problem, what causes it???

Una
01-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Bad ground.. Use a real oil pressure gauge, the stock one is better than a light, but not much.

turbovanmanČ
01-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Or your sending unit is junk. Mine would do that all the time, get on it and bam, no oil, hahhahhaa. I put a new sender in and it reads perfect now.

86Shelby
01-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Also take a good look at the connection at the OP sending unit. A bad connection will cause the gauge to read funny. I thought I ran out of oil pressure whenever I accelerated, then realize the connection was bad. The wire moves with the extreme g-forces. :)

J&H Ryan
01-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Thanks guys, I'll try to get a better guage seeing as I apparently can't rely on the dash ones and its just a lil important. So glad it wasn't something along the lines of oil pump getting old.

turbovanmanČ
01-15-2006, 11:04 PM
Thanks guys, I'll try to get a better guage seeing as I apparently can't rely on the dash ones and its just a lil important. So glad it wasn't something along the lines of oil pump getting old.

It could still be that, I would check with a real guage before driving it, just in case.