PDA

View Full Version : Will it help or hurt?

Dave
12-25-2006, 09:54 AM
I'm running a complete 3" side exit crushed exhaust with a Dynomax Ultraflow. I have a mitsu turbo for now, but I'm wondering, would it be beneficial to use a MoparzRule seriously ported exhaust manifold or should I leave the backpressure before the turbo? Would a ported exh. manifold encourage boost creep?

I know a lot of people say with a mitsu and a big exhaust you'll have creep, but with 4 out of 5 TM's all at one point had a mitsu and an open downpipe and never a problem with creep.

turbovanmanČ
12-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Leave the stock manifold on, when you upgrade, put the ported unit on.

Dave
12-25-2006, 07:35 PM
Alrighty.

SQUIRRELMASTER
01-29-2007, 01:34 AM
It isn't woth doing anyway... It is still a Mitsu. Time wise it would be a waste...

Dave
01-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Yah screw the mitsu, I just threw on that manifold and the big turbo. I had the engine apart and stuff laying around anyways. Upgrade! :thumb:

shelbyplaya
02-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Leave the stock manifold on, when you upgrade, put the ported unit on.

+ 1

TurboII
03-15-2007, 12:58 PM
I have a mistu on mine and im doing JUST fine ......but as i speak im haveing my garrett rebuilt ....just waiting. but their isnt anything wrong with the mistu their good lil turbos

Vigo
03-15-2007, 11:41 PM
there, they're. :P

the thing here is that swapping the exhaust manifolds out is a lot of work for little gain when for the exact same amount of labor you could have a huge upgrade if you wait to do the work until you have a better turbo in hand. if you ever plan on getting past 200whp you would HAVE to do all that work over again later anyway, so might as well have patience the first time around and do it all at once.

Dave
03-21-2007, 10:31 AM
there, they're. :P

the thing here is that swapping the exhaust manifolds out is a lot of work for little gain when for the exact same amount of labor you could have a huge upgrade if you wait to do the work until you have a better turbo in hand. if you ever plan on getting past 200whp you would HAVE to do all that work over again later anyway, so might as well have patience the first time around and do it all at once.

Which is what I did. Threw everything on at once, despite everybody elses' recommendations. I'm still only pushing 14psi intercooled, and the T04E is a very powerful turbo, even at that low of boost. I can't wait to turn up the boost in a few weeks. :eyebrows:

4cfed
03-21-2007, 10:41 AM
i dont know why everyone hates the mitzu turbo i had a stocker ported and clipped... 22 psi!! full boost by 2600.... yes full 22 psi at 2600!!!! itdont get much more fun that that for a street car that seen the track twice in its life