PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible?

turbojerk
01-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Is it possible to remove the blower motor and vent box housing (see pic) from an L-body that is an A/C delete car??

I don't want to pull the dash if I don't have too.....

Thanks
Troy
http://beta9.picturehost.co.uk/dash.jpg

GLHSKEN
01-15-2006, 11:46 AM
It is difficult but might be possible with the dash in... Those annoying bolts that stick through the firewall shields by the turbo with nuts on them (you know the ones that always cut you when working on something)... They are for the blower motor...

Clay
01-15-2006, 06:31 PM
actuall Ken those bolts are the studs that hold the entire HVAC box to the firewall. (Unless non-a/c cars are different)

On the A/C cars, the bolts heads on the bottom right side of the HVAC box are what enclose the blower motor. You can remove them, then right corner of the box comes apart, and you can get to the blower motor from there.

My opinion: the dash comes out so easily, its probably not worth fighting it to drop the HVAC box. In fact, I dont think its even possible after having mine out and back in.

clay

turbojerk
01-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the input guy's.:thumb:

I think for what it's worth I'll just take the dash out. I gave it a second look today and I think that I want to remove that black rubber insulator as well....

Thanks Again
Troy

86Shelby
01-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Now count the extra screws left over after R&Ring the dash...:)

turbojerk
01-16-2006, 06:18 AM
Now count the extra screws left over after R&Ring the dash...:)

Ahh, that don't matter. The craps not going back in anyway.:thumb:

T

banger68
01-17-2006, 01:58 PM
If it's anything like a G-body, the dash is a cinch to drop down and take the box out. Not worth the aggrevation ... just take the dash out.

omnivore
01-17-2006, 11:59 PM
After removing the 2 nuts on the engine side of the firewall , then another 8-10 small ones under the dash, the entire box comes out. Make sure you have removed hoses going to heater core tubing on the engine sie of the firewall before lowering the box onto passenger side floor. The cables operated by the heater control sliders are a PITA too. removal isn't as bad as installation though.