PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Convertible Top Installation

nc85scguy
12-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Hi,

My new ride is a Shadow Convertible ES. It does need a new top. Has anyone installed a top on their Shadow? I have done some research and found one place that sells a top with instructions. I am wondering if it is a really difficult job, or one that can be done by yourself. I have read where it is not easy, but possible to do. Is it a 10 "wrench" job or less? (wrenchs being how many wrenchs you throw from frustration while doing a job)

Take Care, ...Ray

boosted
12-30-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm a mechanic and I think I pretty much threw the whole tool box that day...I mean two.. If the price is right then get it done professionally. It seems to take longer than you think it might and never seems good enough when your done. It really is a crap job.. Then again..I am a mechanic and not a convertible top installer.. I'd rather do an engine job over a convert top job.
Good Luck.:yuck:

GLHSKEN
12-30-2006, 04:59 PM
Ray,

Easier done by a pro... PITA job

PTT
12-30-2006, 07:25 PM
I've done three in the last two years on a Shadow and two different generation Lebarons. If you aren't very tedious and used to repetitive labor spend the few hundered and have it done. It's a real PITA...and back ...and shoulder(s)...and neck...and hands... and....:mad:

nc85scguy
01-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I will check into getting it done. Hopefully I can find a shop that is reasonable instead of outragous. I did some checking in the town I work at and the prices varied from $700 to $1400 for labor. I am going to check some neighboring cities also.

Sounds like it is harder than putting in a tranny at the drag strip huh Ken :p