PDA

View Full Version : Taking a Mustang for a walk

3Bar_Mopar
12-23-2006, 01:57 PM
On my way back home from my cousin's to get a hard drive and I'm cruising on the interstate at about 70 mph. I pass a riced, winged Civic with required fart can and let off next to him so he can hear my open downpipe pop loud in his ear, then my turbo spool back up. I saw the kid looking, but he did nothing.

A few minutes later I'm in the passing lane getting around so tractor trailers, still cruising at about 70 mph when I see some headlights coming up on me FAST. I thought maybe the Civic decided to try his luck! The headlights rode right up on my bumper without slowing, almost to the point I couldn't see them and I thought he was going to hit me.

I gave the Daytona the old spurs and 10 PSI'd his ---. At first he stayed with me, and I thought "Dang, Civic has some balls!", then I started pulling away and pulling away and pulling away. I let off a little over 95 mph and he was a few buslengths behind me.
I slowed to about 80 to let him go and he zooms past at least 90 mph and I noticed it was a Mustang. At first I thought it was a V6 because of how I pulled him, but it was a GT....I was surprised! :thumb:

My car pulls so good when it's cool out...but feels like a total pig in mild to warm weather. I'm thinking about getting a water-to-air intercooler to maybe help that. The stockers heat soak badly. Precision Turbo has liquid to air intercoolers in the "Gen 2" line that support 1000 horsepower and cost less than $150...that's a crazy steal!! www.precisionturbo.net

cordes
12-23-2006, 02:50 PM
I did not see any pricing on the site. An air to water unit from them for $150? that would be worth it for about anyone. Are you sure they did not miss a decimal point?

3Bar_Mopar
12-23-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm positive.....there was an ad for these in the back of that HPT magazine that was talked about in this (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9667) thread.

I'm sure if you called Precision Turbo they could fill in the details...

Birddog
12-23-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the IC tip! I've been toying with doing the same thing, perfect for those of us with space challenged cars!

Sounds like a fun ride too! Was it a "new" GT or a bubble coupe?

3Bar_Mopar
12-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the IC tip! I've been toying with doing the same thing, perfect for those of us with space challenged cars!

Sounds like a fun ride too! Was it a "new" GT or a bubble coupe?

It was about a 94-98 GT...

I like the idea of a water to air intercooler, especially one that can support up to 1,000 HP and fit where the battery would.

Birddog
12-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Got ya. Those are fun to mess with!

Agreed on the water box, I don't feel like replacing my grill with a huge IC:D
Gotta consider the pump, mini radiator(I have an old YZ250 part for that), and hoses..... But they're all easier to fit in an Omni than a mega IC....
Just keep the brine at the right SG and WOO HOO!

Mario
12-23-2006, 07:45 PM
That intercooler will cost you around $700 + all the accesories you need.

cordes
12-23-2006, 07:53 PM

+1 Thanks Mario. The cooler in the mag is $150 less than the sheet metal end tank designed one, not $150 total.

3Bar_Mopar
12-23-2006, 07:53 PM

WOW, I misread...my bad. I thought that deal was way too good to be true.